Welcome to TACE Academic Departments
The Tamale Training College, affectionately referred to as TaTCo, was established in 1958 under the leadership of a Swiss Missionary and educationist, Miss Frieda Mischler. Initially, the college was to provide female students training leading to the award of Certificate ‘A’ Post-Middle. In 1960, the college was officially commissioned by the then President of the Republic of Ghana, Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah.
Being the first of its kind in Northern Ghana, the College distinguished itself as a college of excellence providing teacher education training for selected female middle school-leavers from across the country from 1960 until 1977 when it was turned into a co-educational institution where male students were admitted alongside their female counterparts to pursue the certificate ‘A’ Post Middle Programme.